Core Courses - Blended Program
These courses are completed in a classroom at SACHS so that students access materials online, but work one-on-one with a teacher in the classroom to provide personalized support.
LOCATION: St. Albert Catholic High School (SACHS)
- June 30 - 8:00-9:30 am - Core Course Starter Session.
- July 2-23. You can finish your course early with dedication and hard work.
TIMES: 8:00 am -1:30 pm
Available Core Courses:
- Biology 20, 30 (5 credit)
- Chemistry 20, 30 (5 credit)
- English 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2, 30-2 (5 credit). (Note: English 30-1 can only be taken as a classroom based course)
- Math 20-1, 20-2, 30-1, 30-2, 31 (5 credit)
- Social 10-1, 10-2, 20-1, 20-2 (5 credit). (Note: Social 30-1 and 30-2 can only be taken as a classroom based course)
- Physics 20, 30 (5 credit)
- Science 10, 14, 20, 24, 30 (5 credit)
Only 1 Core Course can be taken during Summer School. If registered for a Core Course, no additional courses can be taken.
How these courses work:
- You are able to finish your core course early, with dedication and hard work.
- Students taking core courses must attend daily.
- Math and Science students stay at school each day, until their course work for the day is done. Generally this means they are there from 8-1:30 pm.
- English and Social students are able to leave after about an hour a day, but are welcome to stay for the whole day (from 8-1:30 pm). English and Social can be successfully completed primarily from home, with a daily check in.
- Students receive their instruction through online lessons and videos viewed while sitting in class with their teacher.
- Students work in the classroom with their teacher.
- Teachers give continual mini-lessons to each student as required.
- Regular one-on-one support and instruction.
- All exams (Diploma and Non-Diploma) will be written at SACHS in August. See Diploma Exam Schedule below.
Diploma Exam Schedule - August 2020
This is the official Alberta Education Diploma Exam schedule for August 2020. Students writing the course they are registered in for GSACRD Summer School will write at SACHS on the following dates. Click on schedule for larger image.